We want to give special thanks to the great speakers from The Kempe Center, Kempe Foundation and Kempe Foundation Board who spoke at our Special Friends of Kempe event Tuesday night and at the US Bank and United Way Giving Campaign breakfast on Wednesday morning. Speakers and topics included:
- Patricia Peterson, Kempe Foundation President and CEO – Spoke about the Kempe mission and the anniversaries coming up in 2012.
- Andy Boian, Kempe Foundation Board Chair – He spoke about his experience as board chair on the Foundation.
- Des Runyan, MD, DrPH, new Kempe Center Executive Director – Talked about The Kempe Center and his vision for reducing child abuse rates in Colorado.
- Jessica Gorrono, LCSW and Laura Eccles, LCSW, Child Trauma Program – Told a success story of how a six-year-old girl overcame child abuse.
- Kareina Westlund, Kempe Foundation Board of Directors and US Bank – Talked about her involvement with Kempe.
- Antonia Chiesa, MD, Kempe Child Protection Team – Talked about her passion for helping abused children and how she got in the field.
- Diane Baird, LCSW, Training, Education and Consultation Program – Told her history with Kempe and how she trains professionals in Colorado and other states.
- Bill Betts, PhD, Kempe ASPIRE Program – Told stories of two of his clients and the impact child abuse has on them and society.
If your business, association, club, school or church would be interested in having a Kempe speaker at your next event, contact Christi Stafford at 303-864-5315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.